PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings Scheme thread
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2004, 21:04
gareth08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys and girls - for anyone going on to stage 3 for the interview, a really good book to read is 'How to get a place on an airline pilot training scheme' by Sam Maybrey. You can buy it from the Transair pilot shop, i think they have an online store as far as i can remember.

I used it for the CTC interview and got through the selection. It has a couple of pages of questions that you are very likely to get asked. Most of the stuff they ask you though is all about getting to know you as a person, how you think and act and what you would do in situations. Why you picked subjects at school and extra cirricular activities and so on and so on. So all you can do is be yourself and come accross positive. If you lie through your teeth, you will only end up tripping yourself up!

Do beef up your knowledge on the current airline industry, as well as your aircraft general knowledge, basic stuff you can find on the airlines website. The rest is up to you as a person. The assessors and selection staff are really nice friendly people, and they really do put you at ease on the day, so just relax and enjoy the experience (easy to say i know) but at the end of the day when you relax you will shine through, rather than being a sweaty nervous wreck.

Good luck all!!