PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Brunei
Thread: Royal Brunei
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2004, 07:53
BANANASBANANAS

Received 122 Likes on 62 Posts
GOH,

We used to get $260 pcm car allowance and free car parking. Overnight the $260pcm was removed (with several other allowances and benefits), a salary freeze was introduced AND we could no longer park for free at our place of work. This all took place against a backdrop of the Sin$ losing about 35% of its value against the various currencies that expats had their mortgages and other financial commitments in.

Now it seems that we can claim back the cost of car parking (to a maximum of $20pcm) but as DL767 says, the cabin crew appear to be subsidising this by having their own incidental and transport allowance scrapped. This costs local cabin crew $10 per trip and all cabin crew $25 for every overnight away from base. This is a major slice of their take home pay and has been about as well received as a fart in a space suit. Try overnighting in PER and see if you can get a hotel snack and breakfast for Aus$32. Cabin crew resignations to go to EH will increase in earnest (I am reliably informed) Dec/Jan.

On the good side, there are some rumours that tech crew might get some Extra Flying Pay based on monthly credit hours in the same manner as KA and CX, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

If things don't change I guess they will stay the same.

How much for the grinder BWM?

Last edited by BANANASBANANAS; 22nd Nov 2004 at 08:04.