PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AMR 587 Airbus Crash (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2004, 01:11
74tweaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wsherif1,
While I find your thought refreshing and theoreticly plausable, trying to convince us all that this "tornado" effect is what brought down the aircraft is irresponsible - as this is your own theory, and not entirley based on fact. Yes I know that you are a sort of conspiricy theroist, but you are not an investigator. Please stop trying to force this on us. You are entitled to your own opinion, but I prefer to deal with facts.

Your repeated statements are not dealing with facts - but theories. Case in point....
The large, total flat plate surface area of the 27' tall, vertical stabilizer and the rudder combined, when struck broadside by the 0.8 G force of the rotating vortices of the B 747's wake, induced an instantaneous left YAW maneuver. The resultant, tremendous inertia force sheared off both of the massive engines from their support structure, and tossed the right engine to the left of the aircraft's track and the left engine to the right of the track, as indicated in the engine ground location graphic! This same left YAW motion induced the abrupt, left "Dutch Roll" into the ground!
I suppose you've run the computer simulations and can tell me exactly how much force was applied? And how much force is required or applied in order to rip the engines off in this type of manouver? And how you can predict what the engines will do after they have come off the aircraft? What about aerodynamic forces on an engineless and V/stab less A-310 - how does it react? I'm also sure it's wacked out C of G plays a big part. What was it's c of g and what were those consiquences?

There are too many questions that need to be answered before you or anyone could say that this IS what happened.