PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will MY-TRAVEL go Bust ? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2004, 22:33
spy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Freeway

Most of us have been through company failures several times before! I have to say I have never seen a campany or it's staff go through this sort of torture.

I do believe MYT will prevail and continue in one form or another. Make no mistake after two years we are all fully aware how close we have come and that we are not out of the woods yet! For me the worst part has been the press and some of the postings here on PPRUNE. It is sad that on a forum for Professional Pilots there is not more unity and support. You expect it from the blood sucking news paper types! But do you really think MYT staff need to be told about their situation? We know only to well!

I understand you have a valid point of view and you could be right at the end of the day but the only fact at the moment is that no one knows how this will play out! My guess is MYT will be saved by the size of it's debt, if they lose the court case then they will negotiate with the Bond Holders! My view is they always intended to go down the court route regarding the Bond Holders as they probably knew they would never agree to a debt for equity swap unless they got a large slice of the company.