PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON TUBE DRIVERS ON PILOTS PAY!
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2001, 01:37
Loony_Pilot

Hi,

Well as someone still searchng for my first job.. I will take anything to get my career started.. but I am also in complete agreement that Pilots are generally mistreated and underpaid, we also have in BALPA, possibly the weakest minded union in history, having been to a few conferences which seem to consist of much back-slapping and self congratulating and very little actual dealing with pay issues... where else in the world do you pay £60,000 to earn £20,000??? Also we pay VAT which is disgusting. So we have to act together as one.. I know we all love flying and will work for a pittance.. but should we??? The answer is no. I'm not asking for £60,000 a year to start with, just enough to make a decent living commesurate with my level of professional training and responsibility.
Eventually I think we will get paid a good wage for what we do but pilots as a community have to look out for everyone, not just sell themselves short. We do ourselves and our colleagues a disservice sometimes. OK, sermon over, comments welcome

Loony_Pilot

[This message has been edited by Loony_Pilot (edited 11 April 2001).]