PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON TUBE DRIVERS ON PILOTS PAY!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2001, 07:27
CaptSensible

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">You're all paid what you are worth. Stop bitching. If you want more money, get a new job, if you don't want a new job, do something about it. I like planes and trains, but don't want to drive either of them. For me to do either would be a major backwards step financially, and anyway, I like my job.
Quit bitching about responsiblity. Don't ATC and engineers carry as much? Being a pilot is no longer the glamour job it was. Get used to it. Some spotty geek into computers can earn more through IT than by becoming a pilot, so why shouldn't he?
I like my job and it pays well, so I'm not moaning, but if I wanted to moan, I'd bet off my @rse and get another job - like I have done in the past.</font>
For me, this simple rant is a much more eloquent clarion call than anything I could compose after hours of careful composition.
It is beautiful in it's simplicity. It reminds us of the obvious, which is this;

There is no one who will champion your cause but yourselves. If you have accepted the populist view of your net worth, you are defeated already. Stand firm. Ignore their taunts. Let them howl at the moon.