PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Human resources??????
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2004, 08:46
Maxiumus

ccatfanclub, I quite agree. HR expect people to give the answers the HR books say they should. Other answers, which could be just as correct, and showing initiative, just dont fit the "correct model" and are anathema to HR people.

I personally know people who would have been superb pilots rejected by HR after interview, despite the Chief Pilot WANTING to offer them the job. But HR came up with some cockamamey psychoanalytical rubbish to reject them. Thankfully they have gone on to be very successful pilots elsewhere.

I also recall an interview in the past of my own with a HR psychologist. I knew what she wanted to hear, so I told her same. She admitted afterwards that all the right boxes were ticked as I had indeed given her the "right" answers. Just went to show what HR really stand for: ticking the boxes. She wasnt the faintest bit interested in what I really thought, as long as what I said fitted what I was supposed to say.

df1: funny how airlines survived so long without HR departments and without all sorts of nutters getting FD jobs. Why the sudden need?? Creating jobs is all it is.