PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circling Approach
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2004, 02:26
zekeigo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Circling

Wonderful commentaries from alf5071h, plt_aeroeng, thanks. About the others sorry if you guys don’t have enough experience or didn't understand the question to discuss this subject. What I mean is, I’ve been doing circling approach in Jets and Larger Acft in places like Pusan, South Korea for years, the same place where a China Airlines Jet hit the elevations a few years ago. In most of the cases you have to do an ILS with a strong tail-wind and them circle to land in wind conditions not so favorable. What we use to do is a briefing on the ILS approach procedure followed by a circling at the published circling minimums, or any other minimums determined by the company’s SOP, set the ILS approach minimums on the EFIS MDA/DH, and when reaching the minimums for circling, two cases: you reach visual, press the ALT HOLD on the MCP and start your circling procedures or: No visual and you start the published ILS missed approach procedure from the circling minimums altitude. Back to my initial question, I’m just looking for where it is written what should be set on the EFIS panel as MDA/DH, the ILS minimums eg: MDA 215 DH 200 or Circle to Land 1200 or it is SOP police?