PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will MY-TRAVEL go Bust ? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2004, 22:34
Freeway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When is everyone going to wake up and smell the roses.
I agree with all the sentiments previously aired regarding the management/board , the 6 figure pay offs and the alleged criminal financial irregularities. That was then this is now.

This is a company who's debts are £1300 million pounds. This is a company who's bondholders DO NOT want anything to do with any debt for equity swap.

In any other line of business the receivers would have been called in months if not years ago.

This is an airline with a staggeringly large debt and by continuing to trade is only prolonging the agony for everyone invoved.
Enough is enough. In business, it is a fact that unfortunately some companies do not survive, for whatever reason.

If I were in MYT now I would be saying to every single one of you..... get out now and take what you can because when ... and I mean when, not IF they go under, you will be the last guys that will be on the list to be paid. THAT IS A FACT.

I also feel very strongly that the CAA are being as toothless as ever. It is their responsibility to monitor the financial viability of any company and they are the ones that approve the AOC's. Quite plainly this is a dead company and by not pulling the plug now the CAA are leaving themselves wide open to all sorts of questions regarding their authority and regulation of a fiercely competitive industry.

My deepest sympathies go out to all of you who work at MYT. You have been forced into an awful situation by incompetent and greedy management. Good luck too you all for the future.