PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leg Room
Thread: Leg Room
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2004, 22:21
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I hear what you say but my point is that I feel the carriers should make special provision for folks of abnormal height. I can't help my length any more than a handicapped person can help their affliction yet I am being penalised.
At 6'1" I am 3 inches shorter than you. I make business trips from the UK to Australia in Economy and have never felt any problem.

Meanwhile a former partner, at 5'3" and thin, flew LAX to LHR in the same Y cabin I had recently used and she complained about "sardine class" and all the other stale stereotypes.

On any say 747 flight with about 350 pax there are about 20 exit row seats, about 200 who want one, and about 100 who think they have some divine right to one, using a wide variety of justifications. Exit row seats should be assigned first to any travelling airline crew who are current in all the exacuation training so they know how to handle things. I'm not one, by the way. The standard legroom available is now well known. That is what you are buying. If you don't want it don't buy it.