PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leg Room
Thread: Leg Room
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2004, 20:58
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DerekWarrior1 I just wanted to make sure that I understood your post. Are you suggesting that there either is, or should be, legislation to ensure that you obtain the seat that you obviously require?

I'm not taking a view on this - simply trying to make sure that I've understood your post clearly. If you are referring to legislation, then maybe we should try and get an opinion from Flying Lawyer or some such qualified person?

------------------------------------------------------

Just out of interest, an interesting point was raised today. On a recent flight, two passengers had prebooked extra legroom seats in an exit row. On boarding one was discovered to be affected by dwarfism (I believe, and hope, that is the correct phrase). When challenged by a Crew member as to whether or not she could operate the exit in an emergency, that passenger took considerable offence (the xleg had been booked for her partner) and insisted that she could operate the exit. Since dwarfism is not classed as a disability, and she could reach the door handle, she was allowed to remain there, although not all involved were comfortable with this. Just thought I'dd mention it to demonstrate that there are problems at the other extreme as well.

Last edited by TightSlot; 20th Nov 2004 at 21:14.