PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VOLARE in trouble?
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2004, 12:40
drag required

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Well perhaps i can shed some information concerning ``volar operated by LTE´´ but excuse my English as it is not my mother tongue. LTE was originally set up by LTU and after a long relationship of some 15 years where LTE would exclusively fly with a fleet of 3 757´s for LTU between the Balearics, Canaries and Germany for LTU the intention of LTU was to close it down amidst a series of cutbacks when things went wrong in the DUS based airline. In the end the cheaper option was to sell it to various businessmen of which one was at the time the commercial director of Volare (italy). The 3 757´s where returned to the leasing company and 6 320/1 where leased and painted with a borrowed logo that Volare never used. The airline still operates as LTE in order to avoid the expense of changing the AOC and uses the commercial name of Volar because LTU wouldn’t allow it otherwise. So as it stands right now, Volar (spain) is not related directly to Volare (italy) although I wouldn’t be able to speculate as to where the money to keep it alive came from. I know Volar (spain) owner is involved in the new outfit in Italy My Air, setting it up as a parallel airline. One Volar (Spain) aircraft an A320 that won’t be needed this season is heading to Italy to spend the winter there with the new colours of My Air.