PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ThomsonFly Approved Scheme
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2004, 19:51
BitMoreRightRudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to wubalaj's points,

Indeed there was a delay expected for some CTC graduates destined for eJ to start Type but this has now changed again and they are expecting no delay. The reason for the change as far as I know is that the likes of Monarch are snifing around for a few courses to fill their requirement for next summer, and had their eye on the courses eJ had delayed. eJ responded by firming up the next few batches of graduates, though admittedly this constantly seems to change and will continue to do so.

The bonding is an issue that puts many people off, however the new 'Wings' format will produce both bonded graduates, and those who enter as DEP having had no airline pre-select them. Those who enter as DEP will pay back the bond themselves from the normal salary scale.

I must admit I'm a bit behind the times in terms of recent rebranding, I didn't realise that Thompsonfly was now the brand for Brittania and its low cost arm, as StudentInDebt pointed out. If this is the case, then what of the Brittania scheme that ran this year? That really did seem like an excellent scheme - £15,000 I believe for the sponsored cadets was the outlay. I hope that Brittania would continue that scheme as it is the closest thing to true sponsorship in recent years, and offered what I thought was a significantly better deal then Thompsonfly are offering now.