PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flybe more q400's?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2004, 19:12
Dick Fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Allow me to add my comments as a pure punter and also request some help in understanding the BHX-TLS schedules.

As an ex-Brummie, I am really pleased to see FlyBe doing so well, as they fly from my local airport. Long may their success continue.

I have flown the 146 & Dash 8 on the Toulouse service and one or two earlier comments were right. Instinctively, as a passenger, I would prefer to fly on a jet. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the Dash 8 was and would not now view it as somewhat less of an aircraft than a jet.

I am certain that some of the well-informed comments regarding the suitability of the plane to the task also points us to the reason why FlyBe have managed to turn round the fortunes of the business.

I have also flown to Toulouse using BMIBaby from EMA. They use 737's and offer a good service - economical too, but East Midlands as an airport?

I score it 4 out of 10. Poor facilities, awful queues for security, long waits for baggage, expensive parking. So even though BMI are using jets, having to go via East Midlands would put me off using them again. At least Birmingham is a "grown up" airport!

And finally, one or two points on which I'm curious and seek your help. The reduced service during the winter to Toulouse is a disappointment. Is demand expected to be that low? And what happens to the inbound flight from Birmingham after its arrival in Toulouse, as the return flight is six or seven hours later?