PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - South African Rands and what to expect
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2004, 13:55
AIRLEBANON

South African Rands and what to expect

Hello all

After due consideration its looking likly that I will be taking the plunge to become a Pilot in South Africa, in about 8 weeks, what I wanted to know how is the currency there and what would be a apporximate daily expenditure, I dont drink Alcohol I dont really visit Bars or Clubs, my course includes my accomodation so what I really need to spend on is really Food and Toiletries. I have 4000 British Pounds as spending money and I expect to be in south Africa for `10 months I used the internet to convert 4000 Pounds into Rands and it came up to something like 44000 rands is that enough to live on for 10 months and what is a meal cost in south Africa the school am going to said I should really budget for 14 rands a day for food is that an accurate assumption or should I bargain for more.
Any help regarding south africa would also be appreciated as I have heard soo much about the country and I have my heart set on becoming a Pilot so I am taking the South African Route as being the most cost effective then coming back to england to convert my CPL/IR and to take my ATPL ground school, I hope to hear from anyone who is in the Know and I look forward to hearing from you all.

Kind regards
AIRLEBANON