PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2004, 12:12
Chimbu chuckles

Grandpa Aerotart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had more than a few beers with Pierce Brosnan at Smugglers when he was filming Castaway....they used a Twotter for a wind machine and had a ship 'set' in the old Patair hangar...now Airlink I think.

Rooted my ex misses in the Smugglers pool more than once

Remember Ricky Johnson's go pinis party that ended up with him falling into a lava crevice off the verandah...lucky he was really, REALLY pi$$ed...he might have felt it...bet he still has scars..both physical and mental

In fact we 'borrowed' a Bandit so we, the Lae contingent could attend said function. Bones was PIC and Marty Yarde and I amused ourselves making paper planes in the back and flying them into the cockpit enroute...after a while that got boring and I noticed a plastic cover in the roof liner...not yet being endorsed I enquired of Marty what it's purpose was..."It's the smoke detector cover for when we fly frieght"....... Shoulda seen Bones sit bolt upright when the smoke alarm went off in the cockpit...

PNG was and always will be the best years of my life...nothing else can come close for comradery, adventure....and sheer, unadulterated group stupidity