PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flybe more q400's?
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2004, 15:01
akerosid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airwise news, usually a very good source, carries the following today:

November 18, 2004
British regional airline Flybe said on Thursday it was in talks with Airbus and Boeing about the acquisition of up to 12 new aircraft, with a decision expected by March next year.

The airline also said it was on track for a partial share sale and stock market listing in two years' time, saying a trade sale was now less likely.

Flybe Managing Director Jim French said the carrier was talking to both Boeing and Airbus about acquiring between nine and 12 150 seat aircraft as it continues to expand its fleet.

"That is still our aim, to make a decision by year-end (March 2005)," French said.

Now, I know that most BE people hear these rumours in their sleep, but it does seem to be true now. As an SLF, believe me, these aircraft can't come quickly enough. I recently had the pleasure of flying on a 146 from JER-MAN (BA) and on to LHR/FRA on a 319/320; the difference is incredible. Six abreast on a 146 is no fun and despite my regular support for the Belgian chocolate industry, I'm hardly a widebody myself!