PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Agusta A109
Thread: Agusta A109
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2004, 09:00
Rocket Surgeon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bravo 99

I thought you were the in the offshore game? Your previous posts (and indeed your profile) give the impression that you are a Dauphin pilot in Blackpool?? (How long did that last?)

This week, it seems, you are a 109/simulator guru!!! Before shelling out £17k(?!) for an IR, please let all us instrument rating hopefuls know how much 109 time you have. How much real world experience you are able to bring to the table for those of us with even less experience than your good self??

You state:

"If any corners try to get cut i will be out the door"

That's a pretty ballsy stance for a low time guy with no job to move on to and dwindling options in the UK industry. I admire the character behind those words, but I know how tough it is to be low time and in debt and it would be quite something to be able to walk away, especially at Christmas!

I don't mean this to be a personal attack, I really don't. But as I recall the praise you heaped upon PAS for the quality of instrument training that you received, I know that you will understand how big a deal this is. Many newbies and North Sea hopefuls have little cash left by the time they are contemplating the IR; why would they chose you/Tiger.

Hand on heart, if you did it all again, would you have chosen PAS again or opted for the unproven, Ryanair option??

As the Tiger Helicopters spokesman, you have the floor.