PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flybe more q400's?
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2004, 23:41
flybe.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOR said...
The reason you don't want to answer the points here is that, well, you can't.
Not really, in fact before posting my earlier response, I picked out and corrected the inaccuracies contained within the comments from yourself and Gear up, but then decided there was absolutely no point turning this thread into a 'mine is better than yours' argument. All I would ask is that if you're gonna make negative comments about the 400, and I don't mind if anyone does, then make sure you get the facts right. ie. a) noisy flightdeck - 300 maybe, 400 definitely not, b) inop prop synch - 300 maybe, 400 doesn't have it!! c) APU - 300 no, 400 yes. Also, how can Gear up state that he's flown the 400 and 'rarely' had to throttle back in the cruise when this happens almost every day (well, 99 out of a 100) as er82 pointed out.

As far as the jet/tprop argument affecting future prospects is concerned, for now I enjoy flying the 400, simple as that, and if XYZ Airlines won't give me a 2nd glance because I fly the 400 and not the 146, then fine, I'll try somewhere else.

However, all in all, I am thankful to er82, corporate kid, Trislander etc for challenging and straightening out some of the inaccuracies quoted, which, because they are put forward by someone who appears to give an 'inside' view, (which may or may not be the case) they serve only to misinform those who are not.
Numb feet? passengers happy about being "upgraded" to the jet? god what tosh!!

Nil Further/Trislander - RD may be closer than you realise.