PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2004, 18:36
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Invertron,
welcome to this particular thread.

On the ones that I contribute to, I always say that I don't know what happened - not that the aircraft was to blame. It may have been, but I don't know with absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

Without the benefit of a cockpit voice recorder or an accident data recorder, we will never know with absolutely no doubt whatsoever what took place in the cockpit either.

Both the Reviewing Officers reached their decision based upon information available to them at that time (ie the first Boeing simulation, a review of their own flight plan and an admitted degree of speculation, to name a few), but neither can say what happened with absolutely no doubt whatsoever - and that is the level of proof required to find deceased aircrew negligent.

Anything less is unacceptable. Wouldn't you agree?

If you re-posted your views with "It was in IMC below the safety altitude because [place your known, evidenced fact here]", I would say that that particular argument has a point. Unfortunately, no-one can fill the bit in brackets in, so that particular argument is, in my humble opinion, a non-starter.

I'm not being flippant, but that is the whole point of the campaign.

My best, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook