PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - flybe more q400's?
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2004, 17:17
Trislander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working as a CA1 for flybe I think I would have reasonable knowledge of passenger perception of the a/c.

When the EGC flights were changed over from the 146 to the DH4, regular pax actually told me that they preferred it to the 146 because of its light, airy, modern interior. I have heard few comments regarding the fact that 'it's got propellors', those I have heard were not disapproving either, more out of interest.

The only cabin buzzing I have experienced is around the lockers near the engines where a couple of panels have not been attached particularly well, a couple of entries in the CDL should have got those sorted.

Any brand new a/c has it's teething problems, I'm sure when the 146 first entered service in the early 1980's it had some glitches that needed sorting.

Not entirely defending the DH4 or saying it's a better a/c. The 146 is a great a/c, but the DH4 does get some un-fair 'stick' IMHO.

Plus-

*The Q400 does have an APU
*It is definately quieter in the cruise than the 146
*It is rumoured that the Airbus being considered is the A319 with more powerful CFM engines from A320 (not same as EZY) A318 is too small
*RawData is currently in NZ for a while.

Tri