PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ThomsonFly Approved Scheme
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2004, 09:47
StudentInDebt

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Ha Ha Ha Ha, Oh God how I laughed!!

The Pilot Approved Training Scheme is a self- funded scheme. Under this scheme, the individual will contract directly with FTE, who will provide advice on funding arrangements available to each individual.
Um, so that would be the same cost as doing it yourself then? Ah well there must be some hidden benefit to doing this?

training progress will be monitored by the airline
Oh thats nice, like a real Ab-Initio scheme, looks like they'll really look after you then

provided cadets have reached a suitable standard
Suitable standard? Surely if I pass the course I meet the standard?

they will be eligible for employment with Thomsonfly.com
Eligible? But I've just completed the Thomsonfly Ab-Initio ATPL Scheme. Surely I am more than eligible, smelly Tom, the poor boy who did the modular course, is eligble for employment with Thomsonfly on completing his course as is every other Tom, Dick and Harry.

up to six months after graduation without any further selection being required. If there is a delay of more than six months between completion of training and commencement of employment, Thomsonfly.com may require some further selection to confirm continued suitability.
6 months? I hope that anyone signed up to this is not committed to a job in Thomsonfly for any period of time if the committment to them is so loose.

I'm not familiar with the CTC McAlpine scheme but I was under the impression that the cadet effectively had nothing to pay. This BAe scheme is nothing more than the rehash of Oxfords' BA scheme where they promised prospective cadets that they would forward their names to BA for interview given course passes to a high standard.

Caveat Emptor