PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singapore Cargo Schedules
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2004, 06:09
highcirrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can really hardly be bothered to post as I’m so utterly exhausted by the convoluted life of anxiety, depression, uncertainty, management evasion, salami slicing of the “contract” and constant bashing by the Singapore government that flying for Singapore Airlines involves. However, I’ll have maybe one more go, just so the fresh crop of ingénues, gushing and tripping over themselves to join Singapore Cargo or Mainline (or even more unbelievably, Tiger!) cannot claim that “nobody told us!”

Please, all you guys (remember, no gals except in Silk Air), wise up, do a Pprune search and check-out the multitude of past threads and posts on the subject of employment with SIA. Also remember that the world market is turning up and that you really do not need to impose a five year future of bonded servitude on either yourselves or your families.

Take note of the huge amount of cash which is required to be provided by the individual to get started in Singapore, note well that the present version of the “contract” is still being “adjusted”, to our further detriment of course (notwithstanding the recent outline “heads of agreement” document recently signed between SIA and Alpa-s, which, incidentally, completely disregards the interests of the ex-pat pilots) and hoist onboard what no one else seems to have mentioned and that is that a similar huge sum will need to be available to get out of Singapore once you give notice or retire at age 60 as SIA withholds salary payment to the individual for the last three months after notice or at the start of those three months before 60 (to clear income tax liability which is paid in arrears here in Singapore).

Please do not delude yourselves with the idea that what you read on Pprune is not true but merely the rantings of a disaffected few – everyone in SIA feels the same and all the stuff you will read is accurate!

Finally, if there is anyone in the world who would wish to challenge this latter assertion, I would be interested to see his or her reply to this post and I’d be delighted to refute any charge of inaccuracy as, indeed, I know will many of my colleagues in what is probably the worst mainstream employing company in the industry (if not the world).

Last edited by highcirrus; 17th Nov 2004 at 07:05.