PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline website price con's
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2004, 15:14
ajamieson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Runway 31 thank you for quoting the source of the original article Trust me, the author is most grateful

Cyrano is right on the button. The published PSC doesn't have to be the actual PSC. In the course of my research, Flybe explained that the £28.99 T/F/C on a £0.00p EDI-BHD ticket was partly down to a a £13 PSC at BHD. Smaller airports generally charge higher fees but I struggle to believe those nice people at the Harbour charge £13 per departure to anybody.

You're all right to be suspicious of Easyjet's T/F/Cs. Yes, their website is clearest and most upfront about the total cost But T/F/Cs often come to just £10 - which usually represents the basic Air Passenger Duty. For example, EDI-BFS is charged at £10. Now either EZY is getting a zero fee deal at EDI and BFS (fact: it isn't) or it is taking a loss on its fees in order to keep the extras down - a sort of reverse tactic against the likes of Flybe and BA/BD/KL etc. If it works for EZY, good luck to them.

Incidentally, I tried a EDI-AMS-JFK itinerary. The economy fare is £215 but T/F/Cs come to £105 The full breakdown of the £105 (according to KLM) is as follows: £36 fuel surcharge, £2.80 Dutch noise isolation charge, £1.70 United States Animal and Plant Health Inspection fee, £2.80 United States customs fee, £20 UK Air Passenger Duty, £2.40 Dutch security charge, £1.40 United States passenger security fee, £1.70 JFK airport fee, £11.20 Edinburgh airport fee, £6.20 Amsterdam airport fee, £15 Dutch transportation tax, £3.80 United States immigration fee