PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which country for training?
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2004, 02:53
Slow Motion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another thing you may want to consider is that you will not be able to get the J-1 visa if you already hold a professional licence. This tripped me up as I went to Australia and got my CPL. Then returned to UK to get a PPL plus build a few hours whilst studying for ATPL exams with BGS. I am now in USA doing FAA I/R and hours building to 250. I will then return to the UK to do the Instructor rating as I can't get the J-1 work visa in the USA. I am hoping I have a better chance of employment if I do the FI back in the UK, which is where I want to work.

I wish I had gone to HAI in the first place and done the full FAA/JAA course, got my FAA CFII and worked for a year as an instructor and come home with 1000 hours. There does seem to be good opportunities for fresh CFI(I) out here.

Getting work in Australia will be very difficult. The Oz visa is not on a plate either.

The reason I went to Australia in the first place is because my girlfreind wanted to go there and not to the USA. I am no longer with that girlfreind. Take my advise - do it alone!!!

If you're loaded then do PPL to CPL + FI in the UK with a busy and reputable school. If your going to scrape everything you have together to do it then HAI looks the best way to me.

Good luck.