PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Cutbacks + Tight Security = No PAX
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2001, 03:01
whatshouldiuse
I had an arsehole transplant but the arsehole rejected me, which is why I write such rubbish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Staff Cutbacks + Tight Security = No PAX

Flew Round-Trip, JFK to PHX this past weekend. I was in line at 4:00am for a 7:10am flight. Because of reduced staffing, nobody showed up to check in people until 05:45am. After getting a boarding pass, removing my shoes and belt so they could be x-rayed, I made it to the plane at 06:45am only to be told I was late!! Late for what? There were another 15 PAX behind me.

With all the lay-offs and not enough airline personnel to go around to do basic functions like checking people in, plus heightened security, the U.S airline business is ripe for a meltdown...a major meltdown.

I encounted exactly the same problems on the return as well as a plane evacuation for a security check "the ariline had forgot to perform"

Not much fun anymore and I'm a fairly tolerant guy, but for those who don't fly because they're scared and for those who have only to be burnt by a lack of staff, it's time the U.S Govt. and the airlines got their act together to encourage people to fly as opposed to making it a living hell.

BTW, outbound flight had 60 PAX and inbound has 32. Both on an A-320 with a capacity of 150 people.

[ 17 October 2001: Message edited by: whatshouldiuse ]