PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MK Airlines B747 crash at Halifax
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2004, 18:49
csomesense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paladini,

Thanks for the gen - was just a question. Noteably answered. Will have to dig a bit more before answering.

Fuel 100,

I don't get your point. Because Nigerian Airways haven't written off their fleet once a year, that makes them better than MK? I don't know enough about either airline to comment. But.....

Have you ever heard " Wind 340/5 kts, visibility 7000m in dust haze, weather nil, ???????..............clouds- scatttered at 300 meters, broken at 3000m, tunderstorms in the vicinity, temperature 27, dewpoint 25, QNH 1013"? This is the standard Lagos wx issued every single time I have been into LOS in the past 18 months, and it never seems to change - be it day or night, summer or winter. And I think it might be a bit naive to assume that the Nigerian crews might not be able to gleen(?) a little bit of favouritism from the local controllers, and perhaps a bit more accommadation than a foreign crew might? Ask the crew of that sad looking 747 in LOS with no left wing gear left if they were actually cleared to land on 19R? Why do you think they took the CVR to the hotel with them? Don't assume that the MK crews don't know what they are doing, but look at the whole big picture? Things are sometimes loaded against people who don't go there as often as the locals might? A possibility, maybe? Think about it for a bit? Are you being practical, or just slinging the proverbial **** 'cos this is where you think you'll be heard? What happens when it's your airline, or your flight next time - put yourself in those guys shoes? Humour me? Don't just sling it for the simple reason that people might read and believe - put yourself in their shoes for a moment or two.

And might I hazard to add that we digress from the main topic - has anyone heard anything new on the Halifax crash?

Rgds, Css

Last edited by csomesense; 14th Nov 2004 at 19:56.