PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC Pilot shot but lands ok in Iraq
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2004, 23:19
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Excellent SD,

Nice to see you made it here at last.

Obviously I have at some stage upset you, before or after I left the service I'm not too sure.

I respect your opinion of me, as that is all it is, your opinion.

As far as my leaving as a Sgt is concerned, it is clear that you are more affected by it than I am.
Oh and it was Sub by the way.

BFT times recorded on a calendar
Well, it's the PT Corps that decide which 'calendar' that would be used and if they set a pass mark and I succeed, what is the problem there?
After all being an ex APTI there was a time that I may have even taken you for your BFT.

I have at no time during my Mil career been downgraded for anything and have always produced the results required, I question if we have worked together?

The fact that others passed me on their way up does/did not embitter me.
Consider this, that I may have passed on my experiences to assist them in doing so. Is that such a bad thing to have done? I don't think so.

As for not having gone to war.
I'm sure that you will know as much as anyone, that is all down to which unit you are serving with at the time and which unit is sent. The two don't necessarily match up.
I don't remember seeing too many stories about people screaming to move units to enable them to go to war. (Although there is a tale of one guy who took leave and stowed away on a boat to the Falklands. An Air Tech I believe.) Those that went were told that their unit was off. There were no preference of posting papers going around as far as I'm aware.

During the Falklands, I was in Canada with my unit.
During Gulf 1, I was on exercise, with my unit.
I was in Kuwait for Op Driver that turned into an exercise, with my unit.
During actions in Bosnia/Kosovo, I was somewhere around the world, with my unit.
During Sierra Leone, I was in Germany, with my unit.
During Gulf 2, I was a civi.
During present actions, I am still a civi.

As you can see, my units weren't asked to go. Nothing I can do about that,is there?
I did manage to go to these places, but they'd stopped fighting by then.

I guess I was setting myself up for this kind of attack, quite rightly so.
After all, if I can't take it then I shouldn't be handing it out, should I!

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Kind Regards,

SS

edited to enable posting in small chunks

Last edited by SilsoeSid; 13th Nov 2004 at 00:17.