PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ummm - Guys and girls - I could use a little advice here. Please?
Old 12th Nov 2004, 22:44
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For many reasons I don’t feel you acted decently or responsibly and you failed miserably in your moral duty of care to this lady. You now appear to be feeling guilty and trying to justify your actions, and shame on all you Ppruners who have been sucked into this view.
Bush Pelican, you are entitled to your opinion, but I have to disagree with you whole-heartedly. A travel agent is exactly what the title would imply - an agent who organises travel. There is no requirement for the travel agent to make a decision regarding the passengers appropriateness for travel - that is the responsibility of the airline, and this decision is made on the basis of experience in conjunction with CAO's/CAR's by the staff/crew involved in accepting him/her for travel. If she was potentially a threat to herself or others around her, I still dont feel that EWL has (legal or moral) reason to refuse sale of the ticket - its not his/her(?) responibility to do so - all he/she can do (and from the sounds of things, did) is contact the airline and inform them.... or perhaps another option is, as someone mentioned here, trying to contact her family (or asking the lady to call her family herself!!!!) and organising a travel companion?

Ever heard the saying "don't shoot the messenger"? I think that can be related EWL in this story...

I think perhaps if anyone is to "blame" here, then it would possibly be this woman's family - but we dont know the full story, so cant make those kind of assertations....

edited for clarity