PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ummm - Guys and girls - I could use a little advice here. Please?
Old 12th Nov 2004, 22:41
Buster Hyman

Evertonian

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts
BP Your opinion is valid to a point & I'm sure EWL will welcome your comments. But, it is just an opinion. Exactly like EWL's "opinion" that she was unstable. Your analogy of drunks isn't quite the same. Drunks don't usually walk into a travel agent & spend half an hour or so booking for a ticket & paying cash. They would be sober & lucid at the time. This lady, whilst a known frequenter of EWL's establishment, was probably sober & lucid as well.

You make an assumption that EWL had details of her NOK. I've made the assumption he didn't. That alters our opinion of this. She got all the way to China remember, not bad considering her condition.

Don't forget the privacy laws too. Who is EWL to question this ladies mental capacity? (Yes, it is stupid, but either way, he exposes his company to potential litigation.)

[soapbox] As a society, it'd be great if we looked out for each other. Unfortunately, our laws are geared in the almost opposite way. I have rights as an individual that allow me to do what I want right up until the point of breaking the law. Even when I've broken it, I still have further rights that I can bring to bear. As much as this lady had a Roo loose in the top paddock, EWL had no right to interfere with her rights....Right? It's not a great system, but it's one saving grace is that an innocent or eccentric person is not unfairly judged. [/soapbox]