PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2004, 14:14
Hampshire Hog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

C-bert - best of luck for that QXC! Let me know how it goes.

Well, at last I made it into the air today. Warm front coming down from the North and not looking too good when I left home but, by the time I made it to Wycombe, the end of the cloud was in site and my instructor thought it would be worth waiting to see if we got some flyable weather before the forecast cold front materialised.

I occupied the waiting time by sitting my Met exam, which I'm relieved to say I passed. One of the questions I got wrong, my instructor thought should have been right, which (bearing in mind his many years of experience as an airline captain, followed by some 15 years as an instructor/examiner) really calls the CAA questions and marking scheme into question.

Imagine my joy when he told me I'd passed the exam AND we could go flying!

So, 1 hour 10 of circuits and I think I'm getting there. Good approaches, still a bit rough on the rudder when landing, but then it was quite bumpy and windy.

I can see Lee's point about nav experience in the air, but my instructor suggested that I do nav next. Anyone any suggestions for how best to study this?

HH