PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Channex selling selling F27's,crews & engs as a package !!.
Old 12th Nov 2004, 11:30
fokker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Eureka- and Jet-,

I don't normally get steamed up on these pages but I have to infer that you two are either Dart Group management or have no understanding of people and employment in general or the aviation industry at all;

When people join a company, they very often have expectations of a career path available. It is factoring this into their decision to join at all, together with discussion of the prospects at interview (and well beyond) which can make one accept an unglamorous position 'temporarily' in the hope of 'jam tomorrow'. Unilaterally withdrawing that prospect subsequently is fundamentally dishonest. Furthermore, when a company employs someone, like it or not, that company also accepts a responsibility for that that person's wellbeing - if you don't agree, I suggest you look at the law, especiallly 'TUPE', quite apart from any moral ehthos you may have (although, presumably, you two are the kind of self-centred "I'm all right, Jack"-ers on whom one would not normally pee were you to self combust). The alternative is a dog-eat-dog market-place inhabited by mercenaries.

The fact that a deal may be legal - knowing PM, you may be sure that it is - does not make it honest, decent or right.

Neither, ultimately, is it good business beyond the immediate bottom line. And if you don't believe that, look at this thread and then imagine what's going on in Channex crew rooms up and down the country.

I can only hope that you were just trying to stir things: if so, I've bitten, you win. If not, God help you.