PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Metropolitan University
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2004, 01:28
AIRLEBANON

Angel

Dear MEA321

How are you doing and How is Lebanon doing whats the weather Like down there I have not been to Lebanon for almost 2 years now its making me sad But Money is Tight for me at the moment.

With regards to London Met University, They are really good I have friends that go there althought not specifically for the Pilot Courses Never the less they are pretty good, London Met was established only 2 years ago as a merger between the University of East London and Another University, a Lot of money has gone into thier London Holloway Campus London Hollow way is pretty expensive to be honest anywhere near University in London is Pretty expensive I know this Because I have been in London for well over 9 Years and I know, I have lived in Bristol to do my JAR 66 Aircraft Maintenance Engineering lisence but it fell through for me, then I have been to norwich for the same reason again it did not go well for me.
I am still considering wether I want to stay Living with my parents through any Pilot course I do or do I want to live away, I guess The answear is the second one, With London Met they have a Foundation and Full degree in Aviation management which includes all the Modules you need for your ATPL again that is always an option for you if you want a degree with your ATPL, I am considering wether or not to do the degree route or Just Do my ATPL Modules.
Either way London is recomended but please make sure to budget for at least 160 British Pounds per week to have any chance of Enjoying life in London and most of all to survive as Accomodation in central London is a Killer but if you go to places on the outer Layer of London like Leyton, Ealing acton then you might get away with a 60 to 80 per weeks just on rent, I am looking at considering Bristol Ground School or Cabair in Bournmouth they offer a residential Course for like 2 Thousend and I believe accomodation in that area is pretty cheap and as For transport if you do come over and We end up going to the same place I dont mind giving you a lift, as for me currently I am working like a slave to pay off some bank depts and also to save money as I am doing my PPL in April sometime which I am looking forward to, so That come september or June I can start my ATPL course and hopefully after that who knows wether or not MEA would Hire a Dual Lebanese Bristish who speaks 4 languages.
I was considering Air Ivoire from the Ivory Coast as I was Born there but with all the troubles at the moment that is a Big No No.
You know that the Lebanese and Syrian Goverments have signed a deal in which to create a Low cost Airline that Flies between Beirut international to Damascus using 50 to 70 seater Turbo props and My sources tell me MenaJet will finally get its act Together and creat even more chances of employment for the Lebanese Pilots of the Future so wich Ever choice you make please get in touch as I dont mind Helping you out if you need any help with paper work or Settling in well best of Luck my Fello Lebanese.

Kind regards
AirLebanon