PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyblu
Thread: Flyblu
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2004, 22:38
Thunderball 2
The Aquatone Article

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've always been a supporter of Flyblu on principle - the airline business will never stop needing new energy and new ideas - and because, from what I could see, they seemed competent, focused and genuine. And don't let anyone say that all the good business concepts and niche markets have been filled - they most certainly haven't.

But, sorry - are we SERIOUSLY saying that they were promoting "FlyWho" as the name at WTM? As a product name in a highly sophisticated, safety/security conscious sector of industry, it is fully-paid-up, certifiably, twice-round-the-block barmy. In fact it probably renders the senior management Sectionable under the Mental Health Act.

When the Chinese launched an indigenous car design back in the '70s, they called it "The Cedric". They still use the name - you see new "Cedrics" quite often in the PRC. I used to think that it would be nice to have an annual Cedric Award for the daftest product name, although that's probably a bit unfair on the Chinese - I might not come up with a particular snappy name if I was asked to use a Cantonese christian name for a British car. But that's all academic; if they go ahead with FlyWho, then "move over Cedric". And let's get Jonathon Ross to host the Annual FlyWho Awards ceremony.