PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MK Airlines B747 crash at Halifax
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2004, 19:53
csomesense

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, had to come back to ask (and anxiously awaiting comments from all those who so kindly commented on my exit)

Phileas,

"Yes, I know all about Africa, particularly Nigeria but MK are not the only freighters flying from Europe to Africa...in a relatively small fleet such as MK's"

I might be mistaken, but I often hear a MKA callsign south bound from Europe to somewhere in Central/West Africa - so maybe I don't fly there as often as you or they do, but they sure seem to go there a lot. Maybe three hull losses in Nigeria is a large number to look at initially, but how many other airlines have recorded the same number of landings in the same amount of time in that lovely part of the world? Might be an interesting stastistic to investigate? Plus I've heard that they have seven or eight DC-8's and five or six 747's - is this a small operation, in your opinion? I'm just trying to imagine how many people in this "tin pot" airline would share your views?

Rgds (until another decent response presents itself)

PS

Safety Guy

Just got back, been checking the Sharjah crash. Thank God they all got out okay. Do you know if they happened to be using the same computer data system as those poor souls in MK had - I've heard rumour it was issued by Boeing? Any gen?

Last edited by csomesense; 11th Nov 2004 at 20:05.