PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - vcr clapped out - what next?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2004, 19:43
SoftTop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just going through the pain of SKY+ just now.

Read all the good info on one of the forums about how to replace the HDD with a 250GB one - seems simple and seems to work according to reports. Increases the capacity from approx 20hrs to close on 140hrs. I'm going to wait until I am abit more comfortable with the concept before I start physically hacking it!

The down side is that (and they didn't tell me in the shop folks!) you need to have at least TWO of the premium channels on your subscription to get the "free" sky+ service. I had one already and it only cost me an extra five quid a month to upgrade. They also didn't tell me in the shop (b*****ds) that I would have to pay sixty quid to get the LNB ugraded to a double feed into the back of the box.

On the "up" side, Sky have an offer available on their website that save you fifty quid on the shop price, but it only runs until the 15 Nov.

Let's just say that I'm spitting blood, but, hey, it's for the kids!

Ok, ok, I'll calm down .... but next time I'll read more than the first frame of the web page and maybe get down to the bit where the financial pain lies.

ST