PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoot me down in flames, but...
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2004, 15:48
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haughtney,
What I meant by 'quality' was the standard of training, the standard of the Training Captains, operating procedures, adherance to procedures etc. You can be a mighty fine individual pilot but if you've picked up some bad habits or not been trained to a good standard, well, you'll need a minimum of extended training.

I heard only last week that an eastern European country, recently joined the EU, is handing out jet TRI & TRE certificates to Captains just off turbo-props.

I don't know if you know but a JAA TRI or TRE needs to undergo a Core Course then be CAA supervised when himself supervising, such is the high standard some guys don't make the grade.

The referred to country is not providing any such quality control, training nor supervision, they're simply dishing out training qualifications to guys who's handling of the jet is questionable to say the least, and this guy is going to be training others!

Now, put yourself in the position of a Chief Pilot, would you readily accept guys trained by these people?

Who can say when it will end, one loco goes bust, another one starts up but they'll be affected also if mortgage & interest rates go up or Gulf War 3 occurs! And then it will all start again once things improve thereafter!