PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoot me down in flames, but...
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2004, 15:17
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks Phileas for clearing up the pilot bit.....an incorrect assumption on my part.

I agree with almost all you have to say....and considering the state of the market place at the moment, I would have thought 150-200 hours on type is not that uncommon. Having said that, when you refer to quality...I believe that as long as the person is not a blithering idiot, is able to relate to those around themselves, and perhaps most of all, can demonstrate the required level of technical profficiency.....they are a good bet for a position. I am sure however that plenty of unscrupulous operators will take all and sundry...for the right price.

In respect of experience...yes..it is a measure of ones skill set, adaptability, maturity, employability, and stickability...all the i ties..

Which brings me back to the original point I have made..and even asked the question...."where does it all end?"..this state of affairs is not sustainable in the longrun...but then mayby thats the point entirely.....recruiters and airlines aren't looking into the longterm.

H