PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Excel B767 and bmibaby B737 collision at Manchester
Old 10th Nov 2004, 12:11
tightcircuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of us are lucky enough to operate into a wide variety of airfields around the world. At many, including a large selection of regular European destinations it is common to be instucted to taxi past a/c at runway holding points. PMI 24R, ALC 28, IBZ 24, TFS,08 to give a few examples. Having been instructed to pass it is the crew's responsibility to decide if it is safe to do so or not. The idea that a ground or tower controller is responsible for preventing you from driving the expensive bit of metal into something solid at any time is just laughable.

You are right MOR the airfield design at MAN is not good which is even more reason for crews to exersise their responsibilty and be extra vigilant whilst taxing.In saying that I am not trying to apportion blame in this accident. As you will see from my earlier post I believe there would have been a whole host of mitigating factors.
Your attempts to persuade us that following a controllers instructions regardless of the consequences because you think they have the responsibility just beggars belief.