PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2004, 07:10
Mama Mangrove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HPB

I think you'll find that they are hiring. Their 109 has been flying around Lagos and it was also in Warri and PH the weekend before last. The grapevine here has it that they're looking for a couple more 109 guys because since the last Chief Pilot left they only have 2 pilots. They're also starting to look for pilots for their shuttle operation to VI ready for when the heliport there is finished. I was driving past it only 2 days ago and work is going on there with piling and infilling, though I guess it'll be a few more months before that's finished. Even so, they need to have crew in place ready for that. I hear that they're planning to operate S76s for that.

Must admit, I don't know the 109 really, but isn't there some kind of weight increase programme to increase the MAUW? It's certainly a nice looking helicopter, though if what you say about the APS weight is right I suppose it won't carry a lot.

What we really all want to know out here at the moment is whether the planned strike of next wek will happen, because if it does I think it will be a lot harder than last time.