PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoot me down in flames, but...
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2004, 04:21
PicMas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To my potential colleague

Allow me to respond to your question, I offer you my opinion as I feel we both share the love of aviation and a common bond of integrity to maintain the best conditions in the business we love.

I understand your dilemma, you paid for your T/R, didn't get you anywhere. If you pay for your line-training all you will get (with some luck) is an F/O position. I know I have stated this before but, did you get into aviation to fly as #2?? Why not spend the money from your business and buy 4000-5000hrs jet. Then maybe you can get a DE capt. position, it might help if you are willing to fly for free and with your business making more than a 5year capt. really, show some company spirit you already paid the T/R willing to pay for the line-training. It would probably give you an edge over other candidates to offer to work for free.

Let me know how it turns out, maybe someday we can meet for a beer and a cozy chat about how unfair the business is and how wrong it is that a 5-year captain makes so little as you describe.

....Might take some time though, I took the silly route of building my time with instructing, flying charter etc. I unfortunately was never aware that when airlines post hour requirements they intended applicants to buy the time.

Very truly yours,

The idiot waiting in-line