PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2/Channel Express
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2004, 01:17
Riverboat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This deal really is reasonable in this day and age. The world has changed, and companies like Britannia, oops, sorry - Thomsonfly - are living in the past. They will soon be ready for the taking, too.

Its only my view, which will be unpopular because it does not support the status que, but I am with the poster who warned of foreign competition (in this case Wizz), because unless Britain can adapt we may not get off the slippery declining slope.

Bear in mind that it wasn't long ago we did all sorts of things well in Britain. You can think of them as well as I can. But in nearly ALL the cases, we are doing less well now than we did. (We used to be big in the airline cargo world for instance.)

No one wants penury, least of all the employers, who want a happy and stable pilot force, but you just HAVE to compete, and that means that today one has to do some things a bit differently.

I wish Jet 2 well, and hope they can thrive. If so they will provide many pilots jobs for years to come. First of all, though, they have to survive.