PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoot me down in flames, but...
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2004, 22:46
haughtney1

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mole,

Just to pick up on a point you make about being 36..and therefore your not able to compete with younger candidates.....RUBBISH!....dont think that for 1 second....this is one of the biggest myths of the aviation world today...you are mature....Stable(hopefully!)...far more able to view situations with a perspective that a 25 year old wouldnt have a hope of understanding..and perhaps best of all...you represent what a good airline is looking for..a dedicated responsible..and mature person...who is farrrrr more likely to stick around after they've got that first 1000hrs of experience.
Before all you younger pups get all hot under the collar at me for saying this.....I am basing this on my experience of what I have seen with my own two eyes..both here in the UK...and around the world.
Finally mole for what its worth.....Im the wrong side of 30...I got offered 2 jobs from 2 separate companies by Chief pilots that were sick of impatient 20 somethings who just wanted to fly jets...without wanting to learn the ropes first.

just my 10p worth

Cheers H