PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAAA (merged)
Thread: FAAA (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2004, 21:45
skybed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
analyst at work/response to the detailed FAAA in-principle agreement

EBA VII put through its paces
1) minimum guarantee of 30% regional flying on the airbus or 767. not bad, when we had until recently around 90%. But if we behave and praise our QF managers highly every time we sign on we might be getting more, depending on resources (I like the word possible 75%).
2) There be 6 A 380 aircraft flying by the time this EBA is finished.
3) Given that the industrial relations commission will be more likely sidelined by the new Howard government it is very hard to ascertain what that really means in our case. My guess is what QF wants QF gets (as pointed out in one afternoon they agreed to the whole deal, even before the official EBA negotiations started).
4) An agreed overseas cap 870 , means an increase of F/A’s of around 135% in foreign bases. In addition we lost a fair share to domestic already that brings it in my books to a fair reduction in flights for longhaul.
5) 5) the pay equalization clause will be deleted. Well, read the following part from the EBA VI.
CLAUSE 22 RESERVE LINE ROTATION AND PAY EQUALISATION
During the term of this EBA the parties will review options to reduce the frequency of reserve line rotation, with the objective of returning reserve line rotation to or below one bid period in ten.
The timetable for this review will be as follows:
• the parties will complete the review by 1 September 2003
• Agreed changes will be implemented by 1 November 2003.

I am by all means no industrial brains but I think its pretty much means what it says.
6) Roster review clause is another one of this now classy statements
Quote from the EBA VI:

CLAUSE 18 REVIEW OF ROSTER SYSTEM
18.1 During the term of this EBA Qantas and the FAAA will undertake a fundamental review of how flying is allocated to crew. The objectives of the review will include but not be limited to:
• A fairer share of flying between crew,
• Improved roster sociability and stability,
• A reduction in costs,
• A reduction in demand days,
• An overall improvement in roster efficiency, and
• Implementation of a trip swap system.
18.2 The timetable for this review will be as follows:
• Qantas will table a draft proposal by 1 October 2003,
• A joint Qantas FAAA working party will then be convened to
complete its deliberations by 1 February 2004, including
negotiations on changes to the certified agreement.

"DURING THE TERM OF THIS EBA..
That means that at the conclusion of the prescribed term (17 December 2004) these clauses are like the CAP, gone, gone and gone.
New Protections and Initiatives
1) 3 year agreement because of the changing industrial climate, hmhmhm. As I mentioned before IR commission will certainly change, when we try to conciliate, negotiate, beg and more begging for more regional flying and possible new aircraft.
2) 3% wage increase over 3 years , CPI 2.3 % , any of the guys in the FAAA office have been shopping lately? Anything to do with kids , insurance etc., stays at 2.3%? I don’t think so.
3) Down from 27 to 7 flights a week. Say no more.
4) For the first time new compulsory redundancy agreement. Now we have to share the burden with overseas. I did think we had a last one, first off somewhere. Now does it mean junior, senior or just a flick of a coin what determines that clause?
5) 3800+ F/A’s in 36 month , that’s a 105+ a month want to go to London during the next EBA.add embargoes and you have to have around 200 trying to go to London every week on their freebee. Maybe QF offers a weekly charterflight for cabin crew. A good laugh isn’t it?try to get on, very funny.
6) Crew to change travel beneficiaries, that’s ok. Doesn’t matter if a large number are married. Not bad.
7) THE ONLY GOOD thing is the promotion of australian based crew. The negative isr its based on a letter from QF, reminds me of the divisional flying agreement.
8) I like the word limiting the need for more overseas bases, QF got what they wanted anyway, now those lovely new f/a’s, which of course they are going to need very soon are clocking up the slotS to Mumbai and Shanghai (possible a couple of more destination in both continents very soon).
9) No sell off or diminution of existing conditions. refresh my memory, from 27 LHR trips down to 7, about 50% of regional flying gone, lost ODTA, STDA, Allowances, etc. sorry guys, I don’t belong to the top 15% in my category.
10) Didn’t the guys say NO SENORITY will be recognized upon return from London. How quick they forget.
IS THERE A DEAL SOMEWHERE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS?
As for defcon’s remark. I did have businesses prior to joining and consulted in between flying. That’s why I understand this is a “dudd deal” for cabin crew. Geoff must be sitting in the toaster sipping away on the 95 bubble toasting his next massive bonus and wagerise.