PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Room 101
Thread: Room 101
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2004, 19:55
pr00ne

Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts
Talking

Training Risky,

Yep, I consider myself to have been a pretty useful asset, fairly accomplished Flt Lt, and I was considered a useful F-4 front seater even if I was only ever a Sqn shag.

I did 2 tours cr FJ, how many did you do?

As to jacking it in, well, I got a bit fed up of living in an organisation that had Medieval class distinctions, wouldn’t let me grow my hair long (it was the mid 70’s after all!) didn’t like the fact I wanted to have a separate social life from the OM and had absolutely no interest in secondary duties. So I went, and not quietly!

BTW,

I’m a Barrister, not a “commercial lawyer” look it up in a dictionary……………..

You are bitter and twisted, been chopped?

Roland,

Yes, the services are well run, as a fighting force, however, I was responding in the context of a military coup to run the country, a rather different scenario I am sure you agree.

As to “such an open market in other sectors for ex-military personnel” Hhhmmm……………………afraid I have never swallowed that, my experience, albeit I speak AS ex-military personnel, is entirely the opposite.
“Yes lots of *d officers go to industry” I am afraid far too many go to the defence industry, and look at the state THATS’s in!

As to where I fit in, afraid you’re a bit off track there old chap.