PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPR Turweston
Thread: PPR Turweston
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2004, 12:03
Gyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerobatic practice zone at EGBT

Ah yes the 28 day rule - not much use for the poor sods based ther I would guess.

However the local idiot could not affect an application to the CAA for a permanent exemption to the 500' rule.

I will not give it its proper name as we know the idiot is reading all we scribe.

But we could ask for a training box for aeros (a 1km cube fits perfectly I've measured it out), allowing all DA holders to practice down to Da authorised levels(some are as low as 20' or less).

For a small fee the Ad owner could make a tidy sum from fuel sales, some of us burn off 40ltr's in about ten minutes(three sorties a day is about the limit - it all gets rather sloppy after that), not to mention gallons upon gallons of deisel for smoke. Bugger heading him off at the pass - smoke him out.

We could invite every team in the UK (no Europe) for daily practice sessions, with resident critics (top names of course).

I believe the National Aerobatic Championships may even be looking for a new venue? Three whole days of pure cloud abuse!!

And then there is motor racing