PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EH101 Merlin
Thread: EH101 Merlin
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2004, 11:54
ZH844

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple times each week I enter the PPRUNE website to read about the latest news and gossip regarding our wonderful profession. I have always been impressed by what I have seen...until now. To come straight to the point...WHAT AN UTTER LOAD OF B*****KS I have read in this posting.

By the sounds of things all of you have designed, built, maintained and flown every EH101 ever constructed. You have all taken part in the THREE crash investigations and have taken the aircraft into a war zone!

For the record, PP2 was lost due to an uncommanded application of the rotor brake during flight causing a fire within the transdeck resulting in loss of control. Two Merlin Mk1 helicopters have been lost in service, one due to a rotorbrake issue - not the same as with PP2 whilst we wait to see about the other - I know the reason but this is not forum to table it.

I will ask Nick to report on the success of the S-92 after his company have built 140 production versions, flown for the same number of hours that the Merlin has and then explain that they have found no problems with either the aircraft or the maintenance procedure and support, I look forward to it!

To end, I have a vested interest in the EH101 hence my disgust at the 'fiction' that I have to read in this posting. There are some of us that know this aircraft so please continue posting c**p and I will enjoy correcting you and exposing your lack of knowledge!