PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPR Turweston
Thread: PPR Turweston
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2004, 07:20
Orange Arm Waver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gyr
Good but Turweston opened originally in November 1942... and closed as an RAF base in September 45 I think.

Guys the original hearing there were three letters of complaint - two ariving late by all accounts. There wer 70+ letters of support...!

As a member of the VAC (and as supporter of the airfield as I take my monsters when I have them) I have expressed my support to the airfield and I am wondering what I can add further under this appeal.

Our meeting held at TW on the 30th was subdued and yet the air of frustration (and air of mild anger) was incredible. We know we were being watched (as the airfield is regularly by people including the council) and this did not help matters.

The VAC will stand by Turweston.

We only use the airfield 5 days a year. My personal feelings go out to the flying school, maintenance shop and paint shop there - they have to endure this lunacy every working day. This WILL I believe affect jobs in the area both directly and indirectly.

Our country is turning into a land of intollerants - As long as I'm all right Jack!

OAW