PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What am i doing
Thread: What am i doing
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2004, 23:09
pablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya!

What about a bit of delivering commercial leaflets for a fast food pizza restaurant (tough when it's raining heavily), I left for a job all night long (22 to 6) cutting and loading iced fish.

All this acompanied with some @#$% interviews and exams which are a fake (after 21 years of speaking Galician, a local tongue, they say my level is 7.5 out of ten. Hope you understand my Enlgish 'cos it has to be horrible), missing Portuguese and English classes where they take it in account (if you miss 20% you lose the right of continuous evaluation and you have to play all your cards in June). Then study for a distance learning Business Administration degree which is not easy (the level is high).

By the way don't forget to study hard and visit the Tech Log and Safety and CRM forums at Pprune, read articles at avweb, and buy some of those advanced books to be a proficient pilot.

Then your girlfriend asks rightfully (without her support it would be much worse) for her share of duty time in the weekends (she studies in another town).

Anyway I'm happy (although I've got my bad days) 'cos I'll start flying a Socata Rallye and Tampico at my aeroclub (for which I've recently become a member) with a bunch of true aviation enthusiasts. Maybe in a short-medium term I save enough and I get the help from Daddy Bank (that one with the lowest interest rates) and get a FI rating. And there is a lot of people out there starving, living deep in s**t and so on so I've to be grateful and feel lucky.

I hope a serious airline sets up in Spain so I can get a work just with my willingness to work and my short background.

By the way, are things "easy" there to get a job as Instructor, Skydiver bomber, or any basic job? I really want to visit the UK and spend there a few months whilst trying to get a job in the industry. I'm a bit tired of Spain. Your info would be greatly appreciated.

BTW cheer up James! I hope you find sth aeronautical soon!

Best regards!!!

Pablo

PS: the VFR corridor is just over my flat, so I've got to hear a few choppers and aircraft everyday, so I understand your feeling!