PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bacx -> Ba
Thread: Bacx -> Ba
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2004, 20:12
Cornflake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop Joining Mainline?? HA!

Indeed you are right. I can't wait to read the first mainline post. As to what will happen, well, as granny said, 'No-one ever lost money by overestimating the amount of suckers in the world'. There are so many BACX guys desperate to believe some, ANY, good will come of being bought by BA that they will continue to hope. Ah me, hope springs eternal I guess.

Spin Floss will not be believed, people will watch with interest to see how many SFOs actually make it through the process. However, I suspect not many will want to risk holding their breath.
BACX balpa will be blamed by TDLF whatever happens.
My guess: a token few, single figures at most. The loss rate to the likes of Easy and Thomsonfly will accelerate, particularly when TDLF inevitably comes back to the table with the doom and gloom about the fuel price increases. There will be a new cost cutting target, and initial official/unofficial figures about the impossibility of a better pay deal, in fact he will want sacrifices again.

As you say, this will be an interesting thread to monitor, I can already hear Handsolo, tandemrotor, carnagematey and the rest telling us that BACX BALPA turned down membership of the seniority list, telling us we stole their jobs, telling us the same thing - that it's our own fault, and we should be proud to be part of a (guffaw) "world class company" over and over.
Let's try and keep this on message, so do we have anybody who has applied who has even got a 'maybe' yet??

Takes a deep breath, whilst reaching for the tin helmet and the aqualung!!